Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Personal Assistant to Unity Voicemail issues

PA version 1.4.5

Unity version 4.0(4)sr1

I'm having an issue with Personal Assistant to Unity access. I set a rule to forward all calls to voicemail when I'm in a meeting. I have verified that it only forwards when I have a meeting, but when it transfers, it says, "please wait", then waits a few seconds, then I get a Unity prompt that says "i did not recognize that as a valid entry" and Unity goes to its general greeting. The user's number is setup as a Unity subscriber but it seems to not be able to recognize it. The DTMF Sequence for internal and external is set to the Unity defult of #X#2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Personal Assistant to Unity Voicemail issues

It is possible that the default redirection sequence won't work with your particular Unity configuration. You can try the sequence manually from an IP Phone to see if the sequence works. Try this first and let us know if the sequence works.

Kevin

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

It is possible that the default redirection sequence won't work with your particular Unity configuration. You can try the sequence manually from an IP Phone to see if the sequence works. Try this first and let us know if the sequence works.

Kevin

Bronze

Thanks Kevin. Turned out that the more I looked at it, I realized that if I just gave it X (a wildcard for the user's extension) that number would be sent after calling the Unity pilot. When I set it to X, it transferred in just fine and the problem is resolved. I guess I just misread and assumed that the #X#2 was required for Unity.

Thanks,

Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies