cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

personal assistant

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem accessing my personal assistant server. Everytime I dial the PA number, I get fast busy.

I've configured everything according to the admin guide but when I look at the CTI routepoint in the cm admin screen, the status says "not found" & there is no IP address listed. I've checked that the PA server has the same directory number listed in the route address field.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Rob

5 Replies 5

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Version may make all the difference for you. What version Call Manager and Personal Assistant are you running?

Personal Assistant 1.1a is reported not to work with CCM versions lower than 3.0. Similarly, Personal Assistan 1.2 has only been tested and confirmed to work with CCM 3.1(1). If you're using the right versions, then I'm not sure what the problem is because we're having the same problem and are awaiting a software upgrade for Personal Assistant.

I am trying to run Personal Assistant 1.1(1a) with call manager 3.1(1).

Rob,

CallManager 3.1(1) requires Personal Assistant 1.2(x) since the JTAPI versions are different.

PA1.1 is only for use with CM3.0(x) where x is >= 9.

If you have the full blown PA1.1 (not the directory dialer) then you can download the PA1.2 upgrade from the Software Center. The demo version of PA1.2 (directory dialer) should be on CCO soon.

Dave:

thanks. But what do you mean by the directory dialer version? I believe I have the full version but I don't see the 1.2 version on the software center.

Rob

The directory dialer version only lets you call PA directly, it doesn't have the ability to intercept calls and route them based on criteria such as Caller ID and time of day, etc.

You have to login to CCO before you will see PA1.2 in the Software Center. It's at:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/assist

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: