Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Personal Assistant

I f i call PA number CCM routes the call to first available media port of PA.

Then speech channel opens and PA plays welcome prompt and after dialing a number it use activated rule and forward your call to predefined destination.

My questions are: It is possible to turn off PA welcome prompt ?

I need to have forwarding function activated but i dont want to listen to PA welcome prompt. But then i'd like to have some rule A1 which tells PA if PERSON A calls PA then use this rule A1 and activate forwarding to number 123. So the PERSON A don't need to dial a number because it is predefined in the rule A1.

Any comments?

Re: Personal Assistant

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center ( or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Cisco Employee

Re: Personal Assistant

It sounds like you just need to use interceptor ports to perform this task. Interceptor ports have the same telephone number as a user, and if someone calls the user's number, PA intercepts the call and routs the call according to the configured ruleset.

Note that only the full version of PA can intercept calls; the PA Directory Dialer does not have this capability.

CreatePlease to create content