Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Personal Assistant

I need to setup speed dials for some Cisco 7940/60 phones. Is there a way to do this on the physical phone or is the personal assistant the only way.

Also, I do not have personal assistant installed. Is this product a seperate purchase or is it package with CCM. Is AD the only Directory Integration supported by Cisco? What about Novell eDir? I would like to implement this tool, but need to ensure that it would be compatible in my environment.

CCM 4.1(3), Cisco Unity 4.0

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Personal Assistant

Hi Carlos,

You don't need Personal Assistant to configure speed dials. Have a look at the following:

Cisco Unified CallManager

Configuring Cisco IP Phone Speed Dial Buttons with CallManager 3.3x and 4.x

Configure the Speed Dial Buttons

As a Cisco CallManager Server Administrator

The Cisco CallManager server administrator can change the speed dial buttons for any user by following these steps:

Go to http:///ccmadmin and log in as the Administrator.

Click Device > Phone.

Enter the search string for the phone you wish to configure (optional) and click Find.

Click the phone Device Name.

Click Add/Update Speed Dials.

Configure the Speed Dial Number and the Display Text.

Click Update and Close.

Click Reset Phone for the changes to take effect.

From this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094765.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts...........

Community Member

Great! The link explains how a user can modify these settings from CCMUSER web interface. This got me there.

One question in regard to the FORWARD calls feature. When I set to forward all calls to a specified number, it works, but acts funny. Here is the scenario:

VoIP phone number is 123-4567

For this DN I set to forward all calls to phone number abc-defg (personal cell number)

If I place a call to phone 123-4567 from another phone, say 987-6543, here is how the userid phone is displayed on the adc-defg phone,

123-6543

It displays the prefix of the VoIP number with the extension of the calling number.

Is this a route plan issue on the CCM or a dial plan on the gateway?

Any advise is appreciated.

Carlos

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Carlos,

Sorry about that, I should have been more specific in my reply regarding Speed Dials. The portion of the doc I was referring to was this;

As a Cisco CallManager Server Administrator

-------------------------------------------

The Cisco CallManager server administrator can change the speed dial buttons for any user by following these steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094765.shtml#topic3

I'll have to think on the Forward CLID problem.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts......

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content