Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Personal Directory/ Address Book

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my Personal Address book with some other subscribers.

I have it so that the User ID and Pin are not seen when they subscribe to the IP service.

This works fine but have only one problem.

Anyone who subscribes to this service can change / Delete any fastdials or

Address book entries from the Phone itself.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the Edit or Delete option buttons from displaying on the phone.

If so can you provide a detailed post .

Re: Personal Directory/ Address Book

I do not think that there is a way to actually create a group of users with you being the admin and having them only be able to read only. I have searched and have not come up with any configuration examples. If you do find the solution to this I would like to hear about it.

Community Member

i have a little script for a service to get get the company-contacts. anybody could sign up this service. the contacts are stored in a mysql db and NO user could edit the entries! if you want to edit, you have to change the records in the table! i think it's not what you've expected, but if you want to have the script to adjust it for your purpose, feel free to contact me (!

Community Member

Hello everyone,

Just some information on how I was able to accomplish my task of providing a corporate wide Fast Dails and Address book..

First of all I copied all the files associated with this service.

They are found a the server in the following folder:

I then renamed the files with a 1 following each name.

for example:

Then I opened up the files with notepad or any other word processor program and edited the file to adjust for the proper asp file names to point to.

I then removed (deleted) the softkey program codes for where it gives the options for editing or deleting.

Since this options where removed the softkeys and label would no longer display on the phone when a user would use the service.

I then pointed the service to the proper link in Call Manger:

This resulted in the same Addressbook and Fastdial service but without the options to edit and delete to be displayed on the phones.

It is working very well.

I hope this helps someone else .

Good Luck , and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

CreatePlease to create content