Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Auto Registration

It appears we are having a problem with our auto registration on our Call Manager. Anytime, I try and register a new phone I get the following error "REGISTRATION REJECTED" We installed CCM (4.1(3)SR1)over a year

ago and have had no problems using this feature. It was only recently that any

phone that attempts auto registration gets rejected.

The TFTP service is running on the CCM-PUB and auto registration is enabled on

both the SUB (default) and PUB. I can add a phone manually without a problem.

I would like to get this feature working again. Thanks!

7 REPLIES

Re: Phone Auto Registration

Have you exhausted your Auto-registration range ?How big of a range of DNs did you given to the autoregistration pool ? Say you gave a range of 1000 to 1010 (11 numbers) and each time a phone registers you would possibly go and change the DN to the desired user extension. This causes the auto assigned DN to go and stay as Unassigned DN (Check Routeplan Report). So if you register 11 phones and change the DNs, there will be 11 unassigned DNs. I dont think Callmanager will autoregister any more phones after this until you expand the Autoregistration range, or delete the unassigned DNs. Easy way to delete the unassigned DNs is to use BAT -> Delete phones.Otherwise try to expand the range of Autoregistration DNs and that may help.

HTH

Sankar

PS:please remember to rate posts!

I checked that initially. Our range is from 1800 to 1899. As you describe, when a phone gets registered we go into CMM and change the DN to the extension for that region/location.

I ran the Check RoutePlan Report for all extensions that start with the "18xx" and found Directory Numbers for all 1800 - 1899 numbers. I didn't realize that CCM kepts the numbers in the database and they need to be deleted after all the extensions have been used.

I will delete the Unassigned DN's for extensions 1800- 1899 and try to re-register a phone. Thanks for the quick repsonse!

Just try deleting one extension (say 1899) and see if AutoR works.

That will tell..

Then install BAT (unless you already have) and use that to delete unassigned DNs in bulk.

I'm having a similar problem on a 4.1.3 SR2 cluster. Auto registration is enabled, I deleted all unassigned DNs, disabled/reenabled auto registration, but the it still does not work. It worked fine earlier this week.

I haven't looked at any traces or anything yet, but this seems to be a relatively common complaint.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Keith

Speaking of this.... Right now, I am using a small pool of Auto-Reg number to limit rogue phones booting up on the network. They basically boot up on a non-DID number that when they pickup the handset, dials Unity to a CallHandler to tell them "This is a new phone, it must be registered, blah blah blah.. press 1 for the helpdesk"

My DID range on the network is 7xxx to 8xxx. Is there a way to change the pool to these numbers, but not try and pull a number from the already registered pool? Or am I screwed and have to keep looking DIDs in my excel sheet we have.

Thanks shakes!

tc

Hi,

How do you use BAT to delete the unassigned DNs? I see BAT has a choice for "Delete phones," however my used auto-reg lines don't appear since they are only lines - not actual phones.

I can "Add lines" or "Update Lines," but that doesn't seem to give you the ability to delete lines (which would be perfect). I'm running BAT 5.1(4b).

Thanks! Rob.

I usually just go into the Route Plan Report, search for Unassigned DN in Parition Autoreg.. then I delete these out. This "refills" my pool of 10 numbers for autoreg phones.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content