Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Phone Background Image

Hello,

I have a small VoIP lab at work. Containing a 1751-V running c1700-ipvoicek9-mz.124-5a.bin, a 3524-XL and two 7940G IP Phones and 1 Analog phone.

Right now all is well, they can call each other fine and I set up Music on Hold for the analog line when connected to the IP phones.

My question is. I want to put two different images on the 7940G phone displays. How can I do this. I have looked up docs and nothing helps.

I have two PNG files ready, I just can't find the right Doc to help me.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Scott

15 REPLIES

Re: Phone Background Image

Scott,

Are you trying to scroll two pictures like a screensaver ?

Silver

No sir,

I am just trying to put one background image on each phone.

A donkey on one and a Elepant on the other......don't ask. lol

Thanks

background images are only supported on advanced phones like 7941/7961/7970/7971

here is how to do it;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804cefff.html

Silver

Wierd, I have a 7960G at my desk for work and it has a logo in the background. There has got to be a way to do it on a 7940G?

Silver

Maybe this will help everyone see what I have done so far.

Again, I am running a 1751-V with 12.4(5a) and I have a PVDM-12 in there.

here is my sh flash output

c1751-V#sh flash

System flash directory:

File Length Name/status

1 17957172 c1700-ipvoicek9-mz.124-5a.bin

2 496521 music-on-hold.au

3 17770 donkey.png

4 2130 donkeythumb.png

5 7590 elephant.png

6 2649 elephantthumb.png

7 257 list.xml

[18484552 bytes used, 14807732 available, 33292284 total]

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Here is the list.xml file I have created.

URL="tftp-server/flash:donkey.png"/>

URL="tftp-server/flash:elephant.png"/>

When ever I do the url command I get the following output.

c1751-V(config-telephony)#url idle http://10.1.1.1/flash:list.xml idl

c1751-V(config-telephony)#$tp://10.1.1.1/flash:list.xml idle-timeout 5

Updating CNF files

CNF-FILES: Clock is not set or synchronized,

retaining old versionStamps

CNF files updating complete

c1751-V(config-telephony)#

And attached is my running config minus some IP address and such.

Any help would be great.

Scott

Scott,

Like said, bg images are supported only on 7911/7970/IPCommunicator and AFAIK the 60s/40s dont support this.

You can turn on a "debug telephony-service tftp-events" and see what kind of requests a 7970/7911/IPC does (it will look for the list.xml file) versus whether the behaviour of 7960. The way you set bg images in 7970/ipc/7911 is you go to settings and get a menu called User preferences and you get the option to set the background image.

Sankar.

Well, unless Cisco disabled the functionality in a recent release, you can do an Idle picture on a 7960. Not exactly a background image. The main problem with an idle image is that it doesn't show when the phone is active(hence the idle moniker), and it doesn't go away when the phone rings so you can't see who's calling or which line is ringing.

Silver

I think I may be confussed about what I want lol. I think it is an idle image that I want not a background image. I had my terms all mixed up.

Like on my phone at my desk, it has the company logo, then when you pick up the handset, it goes away.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

I read this document and I can't figure out. on My CCM, in that directory, there is "desktop". Do I need to create this directory and then create the list.xml file?

Thanks

Silver

I am having problem also.

I am using CME thou. Right now I have a it is kinda working. But the idle image is not what I want.

It is just a line with a little world globe on the far left.

Silver

I found a NON cisco doc that stated you can't use your router flash for url idle on CME

Is this true?

Thanks,

Scott

There is another discussion going on in "End Users Phone" forum about this for the CME and images. It said something about the "\" being the wrong way should "/" or vice versa.

I had a problem with CCM and my background images... there was no "Desktops" folder and then the sub folder. TAC sent me a ZIP file and I unzipped that in the TFTPPATH folder...(have to have the security rights of that folder and sub folders" The Zip file was a little off, or my Pkunzip.exe was odd... it unzipped it and didnt name the folder correctly in the next folder.

Desktops/320x12x12

Then in the 320 folder, is the list.xml and the png files. The xml file had the pointers wrong in it. It was pointing to a 320x folder that did not exists.

And everytime you do an update to this folder, no matter how small it is, you have restart the TFTP service on the CCM.

hope this helps

I am able to get background images to work fine on a 7970, but not 7961. Under the user settings, there is an option for background images. Is this available, and if so, how?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content