Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone can't conference ...

maguire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all-

Odd issue with only one extension (too bad it's the CEO's, damn my luck!)

I have a number of phones with x500 (two in his office, and his three assistants have the line appearances as well

Whenever a call is received (int. or ext.) on x500 one cannot conference in another caller (the Conf button is there, but does nothing). If that call is first xfered to x600 then you can conference.

Not happening on any other lines (that I'm aware of). All phones have been reset. CM 3.0(9)

Any ideas? (a case has been opened with TAC - but it's 3 hours old with no call-back yet)

Thanks,

Alex

6 Replies 6

j.armas
Level 1
Level 1

i assume that you have a 7940 or 7960, if you have more than one call in the line you can not transfer or conference, instead, you sould create several extension number in the phone and forward it when is busy. Hope it helps!

Best Regards!

José Armas R.

Intersys México S.A. de C.V.

Yeah, it's on both 7940 and 7960 phones. It's an issue that just cropped up, it had been working well until today. Happens with no calls on the line as well as multiple calls.

Have you reseted the Telephony Call Dispatcher Service?, just stop it and the run it again (this may make you loose some calls, but it is the CEO phone!)

Best Regards!

José Armas R.

Intesys México S.A. de C.V.

Just tried that - no luck. Anything else I can attempt?

Sorry Alex, the only extra thing that i can think of is to reset th cm service or the server, i assume that you have not make any changes, add software, so it may correct the problem. Sorry!!!

Best Regards!

José

Every time I reboot my CM 3.1(1) server, I have to RENAME and then RESET the Conference Bridge device (software).