Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Diverts inside Unity

Customer wants Unity to transfer to a mobile phone and then if not answered or engaged, take a message. I have configured Unity to divert to a phone and then supervise the transfer, but Unity just does not transfer at all!!

It is as if Unity is ignoring me, or I have not ticked something somewhere.

I am running Unity 3.1.3 and CallManager 3.2.2c (SP G)

Any one managed to get this working?

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Phone Diverts inside Unity

I have had this work with Unity 3.1.3 and CallManager 3.2.2(c) SPE.

Have you verfiied the Calling Search Space of the unity Voicemail ports to ensure that they can dial out to that number. My suggestion would be to setup a phone with the same Calling Search Space and attempt to direct dial the mobile phone.

Steve

Cisco Employee

Re: Phone Diverts inside Unity

Also, make sure you avoid common pitfalls on Unity's side of the fence... make sure you're adjusting the alternate transfer rule on the call handler you're sending the call to - a real common mistake is to edit the standard transfer rule, but since the alternate transfer rule is enabled by default and over rides the standard and off hours rules, it never fires. As such I normally reccomend folks always use the alternate rule unless they have a reason not to - and then to be sure to disable the alternate rule.

Also, make sure the link to the call handler is using the "attempt transfer for" and not the "send to greeting for" conversation - I see this mistake a lot as well...

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.