cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Emulator color screen

tweetyq14
Level 1
Level 1

i have a phone emulator but it's not color screen.

i saw this http://www.aptigen.net/images/olympic_app_phone.jpg

who know where i can download?

thanks.

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you get that when you buy the aptigen application designer. I'm not sure whether it's just an emulator to run apps you create from within the application designer..

How about Cisco's IP Communicator?

I can't stress enough how important it is to test applications on real phones. Just two days ago I fell into a trap again thinking it would be enough to test just on the IP Communicator, then go right to the customer. Big mistake.. and unfortunately it's a trap pretty much everybody falls into. You'd think it's just a phone and since the syntax is limited, there are not so many ways things can be wrong, but that's a misconception. In many ways, unless you write an application that does a lot of low level stuff, writing a windows app is a lot simpler and you won't have to test as many scenarios.

But for Cisco phones: make sure you use the exact same call manager release, the exact same phones and the exact same phone loads before you go out to your customer. And keep filing cases on everything that's inconsistent between phone types / loads... at some point it will make good business sense for Cisco to introduce unit testing for all new phone loads to ensure all loads really act just the same.