cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Firmware Updates

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 7970's that are running load file SCCP70-8-2-2SR4S and are not able to call into the unity (voicemail) box. It will connect but never gets a message. I have one 7970 that has load file SCCP70-8-2-1S that can dial into VM successfully. Has anyone seen this? My questions are should I try going to a newer version? Go back (and how do I do this?)? And why does the one 7970 not update like the others have?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I would be tempted to go back to the working version SCCP70-8-2-1S at least on a temporary basis. You will need to upgrade before mid October to avoid any DST related issues with this Firmware but at least it would solve this initial problem.

On the Phone Configuration page for the one "oddball" 7970 have a look at the **setting which has probably prevented this phone from using the SCCP70-8-2-2SR4S.

**Firmware Load Information (leave blank to use default)

Phone Load Name (probably has something like SCCP70-8-2-1S)

SCCP70-8-2-2SR4S is probably set on the Device Default page in CCM and is why the other phones have upgraded to this Firmware.

If you go to the Device Default page in CCM Admin you can tag the phones to use the older Firmware. Once the phones are booted they will downgrade to the older version.

Hope this helps! And makes some sense.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: