Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Intercept Message

I am migrating users from a CM 3.4(5) cluster to a 4.1(3) cluster. In the process, all users are migrating from a 4-digit extension to a 5-digit extension. The two clusters are trunked together. I am looking for a way to use an automated method of generating and applying an intercept message that notifies callers to the old 4-digit extensions that the numbers have changed, provides the new number and then transfers the call to the new extension. The easy solution is to have users record a message on a Unity mailbox associated with their old extension and have it transfer to their new extension.

However, management desires to have this all done automatically for users without them having to record anything. The only way to do this would be to use some type of IVR or Text-to-Speech application. I have no idea if CallManger or Unity provide any capability that would facilitate this. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES

Re: Phone Intercept Message

Which particular item in that document are you referring to? I see a number of Unity Issues defined, but none of them particularly look like what I am trying to accomplish. Was there one section in particular which you felt would be beneficial? Thanx.

Re: Phone Intercept Message

you could have all those numbers roll to an automated attendant and then have the attendent give the corporate directory option with the new 5 digit extensions.

Views
Helpful
Replies