Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

phone key input not working on a callhandler

Hello iam using unity 4.0 with a callmanager integration. On the unity side ive setup a callhandler to auto answer a call(this work fine) but when i tried to take a message, the callers input phone keys are only recognized by unity for the cisco ip phones and not from common pulse telephones or telephony software. For example when i call the extention of the callhandler i can hear the greeting but when i dial numbers(on common telephones) nothing happens, its like unity dont listen to them. This happens with the Greetings administrator too. Is there something im missing out? help please.

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: phone key input not working on a callhandler

Which type of GW is interfacing with CCM|Unity.

If H323 check dial-peer statements for dtmf-relay h245 alphanumeric

If MGCP check mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band command

Open Unity --> Tools depot --> Switch integration tool ---> Port status monitor

You should be able to see DTMF[]

Let us know

no dtmf is shown during the trace of the port in port status monitor. How can i check if im using h323 or mgcp ? how can i check the properties if i found the right one?

The reason this isn't working is because dtmf-relay is not enabled on the gateway dial-peer that is handling this call. You need to find the voip dial-peer in the gateway that is sending the call on to call manager and add the command "dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric". This will forward the dtmf tones in the RTP stream so that they can be recognized by Unity.

Common pulse telephones doesn't generate DTMF. So you have to switch telephones in tone mode or change them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content