Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Phone lines directly to the CO and CCM

Hello ,

I have a situation where in there are few locations .One location (which is the central site) is going to have the call manager and this central site also has the PBX.So to integrate the PBX and the CCM we are using 6608 blade.But there are other few other sites where in the lines directly goes to the CO .

Is it possible that these phone which directly go to the CO call the IP phones and visa versa.

Thanks.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Phone lines directly to the CO and CCM

I think you are just asking if callmanager can hook up to pstn yes you can. You will need some kind of gateway to make the pstn connections. You will need to know the type of connections they are.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Bronze

What I am asking is that is there a way to make the phone that are directly connected to the CO to make calls to the IP phones.

The phones are just like the home phone where we will have the lines directly going to the service provider.

Thanks,

Bronze

My configuration is similiar to yours. We have a Nortel SL-100 PBX that is attached to a CCM using a 6509 blade. The phone numbers that are defined on the CCM are part of our existing DID range of numbers. On the PBX, these numbers (used by the IP sets) are pointed at the PRI trunk that the CCM is attached. That way the PBX can call the IP sets on the CCM and vice versa. By using a range of DID numbers, any call coming inbound from the PTSN will first hit the PBX and then be routed to the CCM.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies