Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Navigation

I am creating a timecard application for a 7960 using CM 3.3.3 and am having trouble with the app creating multiple pages on top of one another. When you get done, you have to exit out of each page individually. For example, my app starts with a login page, (I'll call it page A). You enter a PIN number and it takes you to a menu page (B) where you can choose to Clock In, Out or View your weeks time via Soft Keys. The clock in softkey points to an image page that I have a refresh header on. After a couple seconds it redirects you back to page B, the menu page. However, if you press Exit on the Menu page, it simply closes that page and takes you back to the exact same instance of the page you came to after logging in. So you have to press Exit twice to get back to the log-in screen. Is there a way to open a URL in the same (for lack of a better term) window, rather than having the same page opened on top of another. This really makes the navigation difficult, Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance - Matt

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Phone Navigation

Here are two ways to handle your navigation issue:

1) Add an Expires header with value of -1 to the pages that you don't want to return to. This causes the phone to not push the page on the "stack", which means they will be skipped when returning to previous pages.

e.g.:

<% Response.Expires = -1 %>

2) Manage navigation manually. This is a bit more work, but allows you more control over navigation. Simply create a softkey with the name "Exit" or "Back" etc and add your own URL in place of SoftKey::Exit.

Re: Phone Navigation

You are my hero. Works perfect. Thanks -Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies