Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Numbers

Within Unity can we change the phone numbers listed in the active directory to reflect the newly assigned numbers?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Phone Numbers

No. Unity will use the Business Phone field in AD/Exchange when importing new users from Exchange as the default extension number when using the import tool in the Unity programs group but it will not write changes through to that field when changed from within Unity.

I have on my list of stuff to look into a "directory push" tool that would let you push data from the local Unity SQL database into the directory (data that isn't already pushed... such as extension numbers and possibly other the user optionally selected). It'd have to be able to provide a map of "Data X in Unity writes to field Y in AD" or something along those lines since not everyone uses the Business Phone field for the extension for instance.

I haven't had a lot of folks banging my door for this so it's piled on the back burner with a bunch of other stuff. I'm currently finishing up the Audio Text Manager (getting lots of requests for that) and I have to run through and localize all these tools (fun) but after that I can reevaluate the queue and take a look at something like this.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content