cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone playback problems

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Customer requires to use unity in a multi-company environment. When the customer logs into exchange through the outlook client for mail connection but does not log into this account on their OS they can view VMO's and play back/record over multimedia but not the phone. (they receive an error stated their account is not associated to a Unity subscriber when they attempt to connect to the phone). This seems to occur because Unity checks the account against the computer and not the outlook log-on.<br><br>Is there a way around this so that my customer can offer unified messaging to companies without requiring them to be part of his domain.<br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

No, we don't check the computer they're on. We use their NT login/PW (their security token in NT land).

If these users are coming cross domain or there's a proxy server or a fire wall in between the Unity server and their desktop, a TRAP session my not establish properly since we use DCOM to make that connection and it can get twitchy in that situation.

What error are you getting when you try to connect? There's several different types of problems you can have, proving some detail on how hit's fialing will help narrow it down.

can you ping the Unity server using its server name from the client machine?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply

I havn't got a specific error code (trying to get it as we speak) but the error message reads "Error connecting, the account used is not associated with a unity subscriber". Playback over multimedia works fine in the same situation.

More info: Users are not coming across a firewall but there is a router in the way.