Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Service Provider.

I am looking at providing phone service for several of my customers that are connected to me with T1's using my call manager and unity. On the call manager side I can set seperate partitions so the different customers cannot see each other when they do a search and I can make them have the same extension if they request.<br><br>My only problem is I do not know if unity can be seperated by partitions. My largest concern is if two users have the same extension.<br><br>Does anyone have any info on this type of setup.<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Phone Service Provider.

Unity doesn't support numbering partitions on a single Unity server... All extensions homed on a single Unity server need to be unique.

you might be able to do some fancy digit translations in CM up stream from us, I remember reading through a document a while back on how to do this type of tenant services scenario using that method, I'll dig around for thd doc.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Phone Service Provider.

- Would you be able to post the link for the multitenant
approach for service provider based CM/Unity?

I would also like to know how this idea is handled from
a "directory" point of view. Is this accomplished with
mini directories per tenant, do you deactivate directory
capability, or do they live with a single directory that
any tenant has access to and they live with it?

--- Thanks ---

Views
Helpful
Replies