cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone services don't work

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

When I go under servies on our phones, it lists the services that the user is subscribed to. But when I try to select one of those services, it says host not found. Sometimes there is a long delay before this message sometimes there isn't. It is a call manager 3.2 system.

4 Replies 4

mdybka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might verify with a P.C. located close to the phone that you can browse to the URL. If you can not, the problem is probably not with the phone.

You might have a DNS resolution issue . Are you specifying ip addresses or a server name in the url, and do you have DNS enabled on the phone?

The phone is set to use the ip address. I can browse to the pages fine on my pc.

mdybka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you look at the settings, network configuration , on the phone what is the url listed for Service URL? Does it have an IP address or server name?

Sometimes it's the server that is the problem - stop and restart the all of the services in the IIS section if the server - that usually fixes it for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: