cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone services for mobility

m.lacroix
Level 1
Level 1

Is anybody can tell me what I can do about the IP Phone services (login and logout) on the IP Phone that disappear.

I use the phone setting to subscribe to the login and logout services for all mobility enabled phone.

I don't know why but the service subscription disappear after a while and I need to reassign the services to the phone

Is anybody have a idea to solve this problem ?

Thank's

Mart

3 Replies 3

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mart,

I think I know what's your problem. When you logout you dont have the login service anymore, do you? That means you enabled extension mobility on the phone befor you subscribed to the login service, so the autogenerated device profile (the one you get after the logout ) doesnt get the subscription..Try to subscribe to the login service first and then enable extension mobility or just go into the phone configuration -> line configuration ...now at the left you see 2 devices using that directory number,the real one and autogenerated..make sure the autogenerated device profile has the login service.Hope it helps..

Marina

Yes, you need to check that, but if thats ok then it could be the phone load, I seem to remember a bug where the phone loses xml connectivity or something after a number of hours, a later version of the phone load fixes this.

Sorry I cant be more specific.

First, the number one reason why the login service is lost after a user logs out is because the phone's 'update' button was never pressed in the CallManager GUI!!

You are on line with why the service is not there, but there is a shorter workaround.

The quickest way to get a service associated with a phone that is in Extension Mobility mode is to select the phone->Subscriber/Unsubscribe Services. After you select the login/logout service, return to the main phone page....press the update button. This will update both the Automatic Device Profile and the current profile. Now when your user logs out, the phone will maintain the login service.

If you are using a user profile for the base profile on phone, make sure you assign the login/logout services to that profile.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Dan Kek