Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones keep resetting

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I use 3524-PWR-XL switches with inline power, Cisco 7960 and Cisco CCM 3.1.3(a). A subset of the phones keep resetting. So far, all I have noticed is that they are on the same switch. Sometimes, the screen actually blanks out (loss of power maybe?). Sometimes, the phone just locks up.

Is this a caveat with 3524-PWR-XL switches? Or is it a software problem? What should I look out for in the logs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Ade

2 Replies 2

justin.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I had a simmilar problem with my Cat 6509 switches. I was running the new code 8.2(1) In my case it was a Switch code bug. Per TAC they added in inline power support for a specific type of module as a feature but it then caused problems. So they are back tracking. My fix was to downgrade to Version 8.1(3). I've been fine every since.

Another issue that I had was "distance", Ethernet is good out to 200 meters or 328 feet, Well Inline power is the same, I had a workstation out to 360 feet they had good networking functions on the Ethernet side but the "in-line" power was to weak for a constant flow of power, which resulted in a couple of my phone rebooting. My solution in that case was to install a power brick/pack to the local phone.

chatura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had a similar problem in our enterprise, we are using CallManager 3.2 and 7960 IP Phones. The solution was to upgrade the Firmware of the phones. This can be eaily done from the Device->Phone->Phone Configuration and the Phone Load Name option.

It's worth a try!!!

Good Luck

-Chatura