Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Phones register to Publisher

Hello,

I am currently running a CallManager 3.3(3)sr4a cluster with a publisher (MCS-7825, 733Mhz processor, 512MB RAM) and one subscriber (MCS-7825, 2.2Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM). Initially, when the cluster was configured, all phones registered to the subscriber. Lately, however, all phones are registering to the publisher.

How can I troubleshoot/correct this? Should I have all phones (~100) registered to the subscriber, or should they be balanced between the two?

Was it a bad idea to use the smaller server as the publisher?

Thanks for your help!!!

Dave Wolgast

HealthNow New York Inc.

Buffalo, NY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phones register to Publisher

Cisco recommends / best practices are to register the IP phones with the SUB and failover to the PUB based on your single cluster. A CCM cluster can handle up to 2,500 IP phones. The order in which the IP phones register are defined in the CCM Admin - System --> Cisco CallManager Group Configuration which is assigned to the Device Pool which are defined in System --> Device Defaults and are assigned to IP phones

1 REPLY

Re: Phones register to Publisher

Cisco recommends / best practices are to register the IP phones with the SUB and failover to the PUB based on your single cluster. A CCM cluster can handle up to 2,500 IP phones. The order in which the IP phones register are defined in the CCM Admin - System --> Cisco CallManager Group Configuration which is assigned to the Device Pool which are defined in System --> Device Defaults and are assigned to IP phones

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content