cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones registering and unregistering daily

nhefling
Level 1
Level 1

Looking in Event Viewer on CM, I am seeing errors because phones drop registration. It happens daily but with no obvious timing, and not all phones do it, just random phones. Phones are on different Vlans with Gig backbone. Here is the error.

Error: DeviceUnregistered - Device unregistered.

Device name.: SEP00049AE97F8F

Device IP address.: 10.125.1.120

Device type.: 8

Device description [Optional].: Barb Krzewina

Reason Code [Optional].: 8

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: WDPCCM01-Cluster

Node ID: 10.115.1.1

7 Replies 7

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I had a problem Very simular to this. If they are connected into catalyst switches, Turn *on* "spanning-tree portfast" on the ports *Directly* connected to the phones. Resolved my problem right off the bat. I'll look for my case Number and forward you the tac's response on my this problem.

I do have spanning-tree portfast configured on all the ports of the catalysts. Here is what is configured on the ports. I am allowing for PCs or phones to be plugged into all ports. 15 is voice, 10 is data.

interface FastEthernet0/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 10

switchport mode trunk

switchport voice vlan 15

spanning-tree portfast

If you are using login/logout services maybe the users login/logout. Every time they do that, in the event viewer you will see un/reregistration messages.

Hi did you find some solution for your problem ? If so it would be great if you could share it :-)

Vidir

Could you please send me the tac´s response also ?

Thanks,

Vidir

I have had a similar problem to this. I basically went through the entire config. and could find nothing wrong. I have upgraded to c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin from c3500XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC1.bin.

This seems to have resolved my problem.

Sincerely,

dhartman

isysts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

try to change the cables between patch panel and switchport, additionally between socket port and IP-phone against newer ones.

I hope it resolves your problem.

Thomas