cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones working but not registered

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

Some phones were added as the wrong model 7960. Then they were deleted and re-added correctly as 7940's. They now work fine however they show up in CCM admin as not registered.

Anyone ever see this? Any ideas on how to get them to show up as registered?

ccm 3.3(2)

5 Replies 5

jrachut
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i wanted to post the same thing in the moment, than i saw your posting! we have just the same problem, some of our 7960 phone's (with the last firmware) are not registered and have always the wrong model (7940)! we use also ccm 3.3(2)! it's totaly strange, they are not registered, but i could ping them (but even not all???)!

please, any idea's? we have much problem's, because this scenario is online, it's not a testing scenario...

thx jochen

Hi:

do they try to restar services? put off all cables and put it again

ok, restarting the services is a possibility, i will try that! but putt off all cables of 500 phones is not possible!

i looked up the logging-file of one phone and i saw, that the phone tried to register at the ccm, but i was rejected! it seems to be an sql-prob...

more idea's?

jr

Hi:

when i saw REJECTED the problem is that this phone are not registered (MAC address) in ccm, its work for me.

mallen
Level 1
Level 1

Double check your TFTP settings -- if you have multiple CMs providing that service, you can get an unregistered, but working, phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: