Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Physical Memory on CallManager

I have two call managers running Call Manager 3.2. The publisher is running using up 889Mb of it's 1Gb RAM and is logging threshold events into CiscoWorks regarding using up 87% of the avail physical memory. The subscriber is using only 250Mb of it's 1GB of physical memory. Is this low physical mem problem a cause for concern on the publisher?

7 Replies 7

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

You might be looking at a memory leak. Are you running win-OS-upgrade.2000-2-3spH?

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

If you are running MLA that's an excpected behavior

I am seeing the same thing and i am running MLA, is this ever going to be a problem?

Then you probably see dllhost.exe taking about 300-400mb of memory. TAC recommended to add more physical memory or reset IIS once you see the critical amounnt of memory (over 95%) being used as a workaround

I checked and DLLHOST was using up a ton of memory. I did a stop and restart of IIS and I got back about 200Mb of the 300 it originally nabbed. After an install of os pack 2.3spI there was no change. Also, we are at 3.2.2c. If the MLA is installed and this is expected behavior, what happens when all the memory is gone, or does it eventually stop pulling more memory?

Per TAC, looks like this DLLHOST will be addressed/fixed in the 3.2.3 release of CallManager

Does anyone know if increasing the memory to 2Gig would possibly alleviate this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: