Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Physical Security on Cisco phones

is there a way to secure ip phones dial pad with a pin or security code...? don't tell me profile, extension mobility.. and others..

there are chances a dial to be allowed on same profile, but requesting a pin whenever there is a 00 prefix dial.

Industry leading hardware PBX manufactures do have these fascilities and highly appreciated arround.

anyone gota comment..?

taib

3 REPLIES

Re: Physical Security on Cisco phones

Taib,

The only current way to do this would be to use IVR.

The person wanting to make the call would dial an access code for an IVR, the script would ask for auth code, then Telephone number. The IVR can then check to see if the code is valid by DB lookup, then make the call if the code is accepted.

This also then allows the possibility for additional billing services to be put in place. You can then also look at call barring based on call allowances etc......

It's more expensive than the basic system you are after, but it is also a better solution, as rather than simply block someone if they enter a wrong code, you could transfer them to security / admin, to find out why they are trying to make a call they are not authorised for.

Paul

nice info paul,

i never touch that IVR part. let me read on this.

BTW, Getronics Middle East implemented IPT in my network.. where you located in Getronics..?

Taib

I'm with Getronice in the UK.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content