cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pick up in the hunt group

real.pick
Level 1
Level 1

There are three members 2008/2009/2010 in a hunt group with the pilot number 8100,can I configure the three nubmers in a pick up group ?for example ,when user dials 8100,the 2008 with the high priority rings ,can I use 2009 to pick up the call ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david.raasch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pick-Up from a hunt-pilot is unsupported, but it is implementet. At my customer side we need this feature and it work perfect. BUT NO TAC Support when somethink didn´t work!!!!

You must open a TAC Case and asked to this feature.You must update your CCM to 4.1.3SR2

Please look to the BUG:CSCsb42763.

Perhaps you need your local account team to get this feature.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pick up groups are not supported with Hunt groups.

Chris

This is one of those features I think should be easy to implement, but must not be. What's so hard about allowing someone to pickup a call that is ringing into a hunt group? If someone needs Call Pickup, this problems forces them to use shared lines in cases where hunt groups would make more sense. Doesn't it?

You can assign the Pickup Group to the Line Group member phones, and when a call comes in to the hunt pilot and hunts one of the members that belongs to pickup group, you will be able to pickup the call. I just tested it.

Chris

hi,cderen

I just had a test,but still failed.I called the 8100 ,and the 2008 rang,I used 2009 to pick up ,nothing happened.What is your version of callmanager?Mine is 4.1(3)sr1.

hi,neibergeri

In my case ,the hunt group member 2008 must have the highest priority and answer most of the calls to the group,if we use the share line,all the other numbers in the group ring at the same time,it is boring ,right ?

david.raasch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Pick-Up from a hunt-pilot is unsupported, but it is implementet. At my customer side we need this feature and it work perfect. BUT NO TAC Support when somethink didn´t work!!!!

You must open a TAC Case and asked to this feature.You must update your CCM to 4.1.3SR2

Please look to the BUG:CSCsb42763.

Perhaps you need your local account team to get this feature.

Thanks. I checked the release notes of callmanager 4.1(3)sr2, The bug :CSCsb42763( Call Pickup fails on Hunt List ) is in the resolved list. I think the issue will be fixed when I upgrade callmanager to sr2.

Has anybody managed to get this working yet?

I have upgraded to Call Manager 4.1(3)SR2 and it still does not work. I have also tried using the old work around of pointing it to a CTI port (in the same Pickup group) with a CfwdAll to the Hunt Pilot. This does not work either.

I would be very interested to hear if anybody else is having the same issue.

Yes. Here you go..

1. Enter CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support Use 1'

under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration in step 2.

(note: Change the value to anything else to disable this functionality.)

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

Hi, has anyone tried marinaibm's solution?

I have never used the "Cisco Support Use Only" parameters before and I have no lab/test Call Manager to experiment with. I don't want to try this in a "live" system.

Thanks

olamob

Works perfectly. Tried it in the lab last week and will implement on a live system next week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: