cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pickup call kills custom caller ID app

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Based on the SDK example I created an application that pushes some information to the IP Phone screen as soon as a phone starts ringing. As soon as you go off hook, the content of the display is replaced by the regular screen when a call is in progress. Now obviously I could just catch the ConnConnectedEv event again, and repeat the push, but that's not a very elegant solution so I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent the off-hook signal of replacing my on screen message.

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Looks like I found the "solution" at the hotdispatch forum. It seems there's no way to achieve this.

If somebody from Cisco is reading this: please consider adding this option.

Hi,

I've just read your post and am curious as to what sort of Caller ID program you've come up with.

Do you get the name of a company / person up on the screen when you get an outside line call?

Would you mind sharing you code?

Many Thanks

Dave :)

Well, basically it's very similar to the callerID application provided in the SDK, only that mine displays Name, Department and picture of a person before the phone goes off hook. Right now I'm using the CM LDAP directory so it only works for internal calls, but then again the Photodirectory service (that's what is used to find people data.. all the caller ID application does is register the call and make the phone request the photodirectory with the number of the incoming call). The photodirectory could be easily be extended to use another data source (be it ldap or an sql database of a CRM tool) for the caller identification. Right now I've just done this as a sales demo case, and it'll be up to our sales people to sell a working solution which I'll then implement (we're selling phone and data solutions and services).

But right now it's only useful for internal calls. I don't know how familiar you are with Java Programming, it kinda takes a java programmer to extend it (and I'm far away from a generic solution where the customer would only provide a configuration file which identifies the data source.. this is most likely not even possible because each database needs another jdbc connector).

I don't know if my small modifications of the SDK samples are useful to you, if they are, I can share the code - it's not really like I created some valuable IP yet.. that'll come of we can sell such a service.