cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot point going straight to voicemail at night.

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following setup

Pilot point 2000 longest idle

DN 1

DN 2

Dn 3

DN 4

Voicemail

Everything is working OK it just that at night I like it to go to voicemail straightaway rather than going to individual DN first.

6 Replies 6

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

If you an IVR, you can do this using the Time of Day step. During day time, it will send the call to the pilot point 2000, during night it will send the call to the voicemail pilot or any voicemail box you like.

With only CallManager, I am not sure how to achieve this.

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

If your users were using Attendant Console and logging in/out this would work as expected. Issue with using DN's in the hunt group (instead of usernames) is CallManager has no way of determining if the user is there or not.

Reconfigure for Attendant Console use and at night when everyone is logged off the call will go straight to VM.

If the users forget to log off attendant console at night, is there a parameter to set so that attendant console log off automatically?

Unfortunately no. Maybe there is some other way to have Windows logout the users

I do not believe that you can set a parameter w/in CallManger to do this, but if you are using Unity you could have the inbound calls sent to a "call handler" that can route calls based upon time of day. During normal business hours the calls can be routed to the AC pilot number and after hours they can be sent to your after-hours greeting.

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem a while back. One work around was to have them login to the ccmuser page and forward the hunt group DN back to the pilot point. If the hunt group DN is the only DN they have on their phone they could CFwdALL to 2000. This makes the pilot point think that the DN is busy and it skips it. If you have them all forward to the pilot point when they leave it will go to voicemail at night. If you still have trouble try sticking that pilot point under another pilot point and you should have no problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: