Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Place a call

I want to be able to receive a call from the outside and place it on hold. While that call is on hold, place a call to the desired internal extension. If the desired internal extension does not answer (RNA) or is busy, the script should try an alternate extension or two and if not successful, play a recording to the external caller on hold. If one of the internal extension answer, I need to connect the external caller that is on hold to the internal extension. I would also like it if this could work for interal callers as well.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Place a call

The above requirement can be done using Call Redirect Step.

The following is from the Cisco CRA Editor step Reference Guide

Use the Call Redirect step to redirect a call to another extension.

The Call Redirect step is often used in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) applications to transfer a call once a desired extension has been specified.

The Call Redirect step produces four output branches:

Successful—The call is ringing at the specified extension.

Busy—The specified extension is busy, and the call cannot be transferred.

Invalid—The specified extension does not exist.

Unsuccessful—The redirect step fails internally.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/step_ref/callct.htm#1041103

Regards

Venkat

Anonymous
N/A

But once the call is redirected, it is out of the control of the script. It has no way of knowing if the call was not answered. All Call redirect cares about is the the extension is ringing.

Blue

You are correct, what you are in need of is a sort of conference step which we obviously do not have right now. Why don't you have these people log into Attendant Console, that way you send calls to a Pilot Number, if no one is available send it to another ivr script that tells the user to call later, take a vm, etc. Or go the route of ipccx (call center package).

Anonymous
N/A

I was trying to avoid something like this. Trying to get these users to logon into something else is like running for president. They already have many things to log into every morning, they don't want anything else to have to log into. They are very influential people and like things only one way. The place call step is very misleading and the call redirect step is underdeveloped.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content