Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Planning for Unity 3.x

In the new version of Unity are the voice attachments still written to the information store or will they be written to the stm (streaming) file. <br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Planning for Unity 3.x

All voice mails will still be attachments (WAV files) to messages that are stamped with a unique message class (IPM.Note.Voice.Unity) such that the VMO form and the conversation can pick them out of your inbox.

I'm not real sure what distinction your trying to make between the information store where all Exchange messages are stored and the "stream file"... there is no seperate store involved here, we drop all messages into the inbox of the user. The STM files you may be thinking of are a special format for the greetings (i.e. the call handler and user greetings) stored on the local hard drive of the Unity server. These are too big to stuff into the directory like voice names so we stored them in a RES share off the local Unity hard drive. These go away in 3.0 and are replaced with straight playable WAV files also shared off the hard drive. But again, these aren't messages, these are greetings used for the audio text functionality of Unity. Messages have always been and will continue to be WAV attachments to messages in the user's inbox.

These WAV attachments are always streamed when you play them over the phone or you use the VMO form to play them back (i.e. we don't drag the entire WAV file across the network in one shot as some of our competitors do). We've always done this since Unity 1.0...

If there's another issue you're concerned about, let me know... perhaps I'm not understanding your question.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies