Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Playing back of "old" messages

I have a single user on a 3.1.3 Unity system (Exchange 2K Unified Messaging/Outlook) with an issue. When he checks his voice mail via the phone it tells him he has 1 old message. He goes to check that one old message and the system says "Voice Messages. Sorry this system is temporarily unavailable to complete this call please try again later. Goodbye." The system then hangs up the call. Any hints as to how to troubleshoot this issue? I suspect an invalid old Unity message is still lurking in his Outlook e-mail inbox. I'm trying to get access to that now to check it out. Any hints are appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Playing back of "old" messages

Hello -

I would not be surprised that the message has 0 seconds recorded. I have observed that on one occasion on my Unity 3.1(5) system.

Regards, Ginger

Cisco Employee

Re: Playing back of "old" messages

the first thing to check when you get the failsafe conversation like that is the application event log - it's the first stop trying to figure out what's going on. If you can take a look for the error(s) there when this happens and post the text here that'd be a start.

Views
Helpful
Replies