cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing User Greetings Twice

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have only one user that their greeting is playing twice when it goes to their voicemail. They have re-recorded their message, and every thing else seems to be the same as the other users. Any Ideas?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

2 Replies 2

wroach
Level 1
Level 1

For the subscriber with the problem, go into the SA and go to the "greetings" page for the subscriber. On that page, at the very bottom is a setting that says, "Repromt the user after this many seconds of silence" and then there is a value. Below that, there is a box that says, "number of times to reprompt" and a value. Odds are this is checked for this user and not for any other users. By default, this is not checked for new subscribers. Uncheck the box and save. This should resolve the issue.

Will

----------------
Will Roach
Systems Engineer
Cisco Systems, Seattle - TAC

I have experienced this same problem, but I purposely checked the box to replay after "n" seconds of silence. Prompt user one additional time. I set the seconds of silence to 5. Now, the caller is greeted with the User Greeting twice with an pause of 5 seconds and no audible "beep" after the initial greeting. We tried to set the period of silence to something larger, like 30 seconds. When we were prompted with the initial greeting (and still no beep) we started to to talk and were interrupted by the second User Greeting and a beep. However, our voice was captured between greetings and sent to the user.

We feel that this is a bug and one should hear a beep after the initial greeting. If the caller has not started speaking after the first beep, they should get a reprompt. Octel uses something like "Are you there?"

We are using 2.4.6(102) and CCM 10.0(8)

Mark

Mark Anderson
SAIC
703 676-1019