cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please confirm.. Whether Cisco CCM support SIP trunking !

m.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We r in the process of VoIP implementation nd during that phase came to know that Cisco doesn't support SIP trunking at gateway level.. Can anyone suggest me whether it's true or not??? Cisco says its support SIP then what is the meaning of that?? I m really confused with the twisting of words in different docs...

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco fully supports SIP on their IP PBXes (CallManager 4.0+ and CallManager Express 3.4+). Check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd80422c70.shtml

HTH,

Chris

I think SIP trunking is supported starting with CallManager 5.0

From cisco.com:

Cisco Unified CallManager Version 5.0 enhances application delivery through the support of line-side Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and SIP trunk-side enhancements.

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

Correct

Cisco fully supports SIP Trunking on their IP PBXes CallManager 4.1+ and CallManager Express 3.4+

However native SIP endpoints are not supported on anything but CCM 5.0.

Thanks to all of you for your reply...When you say SIP trunking is supported then whether I can use SIP at gateway level towards making outward call.. Sorry if I am getting confused myself but when one says SIP trunking is supported what's the mean of that?? If I have a trunk line(PSTN) and a T1 line acting as a gateway, is it possible to design a network only depending upon SIP protocol using CISCO UNIFIED Components and call manager 5.0 ??

Sorry once again if my question sound something ..... but it just to clear my confusion too as I am listening so many stuff from different people when it comes to SIP overall implementation for a Enterprise network using CISCO Unified communication equipments...

With best regards,

Mani

When it says SIP trunking is supported then what bout QSIG signalling which is used in case of different PBX.. If existing CCM 5.0 doesn't support this then how to proceed further??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: