Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Please help - auto attendant console question

Imagine I have two data centers running CUCM 8.5, Unity Conn. 8.5.

total of 4,000 users.

240 branches, with about 20 IP phone users per branch.

Imagine I need to provide an auto attendant console for this solution. The cheapest and simplest possible.

Ideally I would like to put one attendant console per branch.

From reading the documentation, all I need to do this is:

Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console 1.4

- Windows  PC client availble.

- CUCM 4.1 or higher (no separate server required).

- A phone for the attendant. Can that be a 6945?

So I just want to confirm all that is needed is above. I imagine there will be an option in CUCM 8.5 to let me assign an auto attendant admin for each of the 240 branches. She should be responsible to control calls only for her branch, 20 people.

Is that all the above possible?

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

The CUAC that you're referencing has been EoL and is not available in the CUCM 8.5 release. You can review the options outlined in Cisco Unified Attendant Console Migration Planning with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0 and Later to understand your options.

Gold

And in the interests of being helpful, adding to Jonathan's pointer (+5) I would strongly recommend looking at other 3rd party products as well. There are plenty of other attendant consoles out there (Fidelus and Zeacom to name two) and IMHO they are light years ahead of the rebadged product that Cisco are OEMing. I've yet to find a client who is happy with CUxAC.

Fidelus also has the huge advantage of not requiring a dedicated server to run the console on.

HTH. Barry

Community Member

I'm in the middle of selecting a replacement attendant console product for one of my customers as well.  This particular customer already sank $18k into the Arc cilent and it turned out to be an absolute train wreck.

I'll let you all know how selection of the new product goes here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3741380

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content