Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Please help with Unity transfer

Hi. I am a new Unity administrator and am having a heck of a time getting Unity to do some very basic functions. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to setup an auto attendant that plays a message for our main number,

such as: "Thank you for calling xyz. For Marketing press 1, for HR press 2, etc". If someone presses 1 it should route to x5000 then if no one answers it should transferred to x6000, then if no answer, voicemail for x7000.

I setup a Call Handler that plays the main greeting. When someone presses 1 it routes to Call Handler #2 (that's as far as I got). I can?t get Call Handler #2 to route to an extension. First of all, no matter what I do I can't get the system to follow any of the "call transfer" settings. I have tried configuring Standard, Closed and Alternate rules as well as configuring the transfer type (i.e. release to switch or supervised transfer). Nothing I input on the "call transfer" page is recognized.

I also tried setting the greeting to "blank" and then selecting "send to: subscriber" however that just sends the call to a message that says "that extension is busy" even thought it isn't.

I already setup a hunt group in CCM that routes to x5000, x6000, etc. All I need to do is route from Unity to the hunt pilot, or if that's not possible at least route from Unity to a regular extension.

2 REPLIES

Re: Please help with Unity transfer

Just setup Callhandler #2 transfer settings, "ring subscriber at extension 5000" and it will send the call to 5000. Also make sure that your call transfer restriction rules allow transfering calls to outside the Unity VM system.

Re: Please help with Unity transfer

Thanks for the reply Shanky. When you say that I need to make sure that the "call transfer restriction rules" allow transferring outside the VM system, do you mean the "Restriction Tables" where there are 4 preconfigured tables, including:

1. {CS_Default_System_Transfer}

2. (Default fax}

3. (Default Transfer}

4. {Default Outdial}

I thought about that and added an entry to each that allowed 4 digit calls by entering ???? but that didn"t help. Nothing inputted on the call transfer settings of the call handler is recognized. I can however change how the call is answered by changing the Greetings parameters of the call handler but unfortunately there isn?t an option there to route to a DN, just other call handlers and mailboxes.

Views
Helpful
Replies