cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE

waqas.ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can any one help me in configuring the PoE. I have a 3560 and have PoE on all the ports,the ports need to be connected to the IP phones, can anyone tell me how to do this? If you can provide an example that will be better.

Thanks & regards.

6 Replies 6

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, if you're connecting a Cisco IP Phone you don't need configure anything, the switch is going to detect throught the use of CDP that it has connected the phone and it's going to provide the PoE automatically.

If you need more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e85d2.html#1289756

Regards

P.D.: please, don't forget to rate the post

Thanks mate, but the problem is that i am not using a cisco phone. I am using a AVAYA set. the model is 2622W. it supports Poe and vlans and qos and cos but will is it compatible with 3560?

Hi, the you should see if this AVAYA model supports 802.3af (standard).

The switch 3560 supports the standard and through this it will see if it has connected a device that need power.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate you helped alot and yes it supports poe, would i need some special configuration or

cdp will detect that too. also how do we use vlan for the voice traffic? i know hoe to creat and add voice vlan but any idea how will i make the voice travel over voice vlan ?

Thanks again.

Hi

With Avaya systems you have to configure some DHCP options in order to configure the VLAN the phone uses.

You can use the standard voice vlan command on the Cisco switch which will enable the voice VLAN, but unlike with Cisco phones, the Avaya phones will NOT use CDP to pick a VLAN.

Probably best to hit the Avaya forums/docs to work out what the DHCP options are :-)

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: