Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point to Point Information

I am in need of a little direction for this configuration: ISDN line into Nortel BCM 200 Pro ---> Baystack 460 24port switch at main LAN ---> Cisco 2811 ---> T1 P2P ---> Cisco 2801 at remote LAN ---> another Baystack 460 that all the IP Phones and PCs connect to. My question is what kind of configuration is best in this setup? I have VWIC-2MFT-T1 in the 2811 and also a HWIC for internet connection out another T1 and a VWIC-1MFT-T1 in the 2801. I would like to have the IP Phones data at the highest QoS but am having difficulty finding any good documentation for the configuration of the serial interfaces for an IP Phone set up where data is also crossing the lines. Any help would be most appreciated.

5 REPLIES

Re: Point to Point Information

By far the easiest way to configure QoS in this scenario is to use the autoqos command. It automatically configures traffic classification, LLQ, traffice shaping, etc. based on your infrastructure. This feature is built in to IOS. There are minimum requirements, but with the routers you have you should be fine. Take a look at the following links.

Cisco AutoQoS Q&A

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6613/products_qanda_item0900aecd8020a589.shtml

AutoQoS for Voice Over IP (VoIP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk759/tk879/technologies_white_paper0900aecd800a8561.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thank you very much Brandon!

I do have one follow up question. The AutoQoS cannot be configured on the FE ports if i understand correctly? If this is the case i would need to have two single port VWICS or a single two port VWIC in each router so that the other port can connect to the Baystack 460 switch?

Thanks again!

James

James,

Keep in mind that QoS mechanisms are invoked when there is congestion on a link. A FE port is not where you're going to see congestion. A serial link (like a T1) is generally where you will see congestion and therefore, where you need QoS. You can connect to your Baystack switch with a FE port with no problem.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you for all the help Brandon!

James

Brandon,

Want to give a follow up that this did help in solving my QoS issues and this post can be checked marked as solved my issue.

James

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content