Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

point to point IP telephony help neede

hi all,

im new to VOIP,i have 2 offices 10 km diff, i would like to implement ip telephones for communication between these 2 offices.my equipments are 2801 routers 2 no's and WIC-1T 2 no's point to point 128kbps leased line.maximum 10 users will use ip phone's in this scenario. what all things are required extra other than IP phones.

how can i configure these 2 routers for this scenario.whats the encapsulation for this configuration.pls give me the sample configuration also.

any post will be appreciated with proper rating.

Kind regds

Binoy.

1 REPLY

Re: point to point IP telephony help neede

128kbps leased line is not a lot of bandwidth if you do a lot of intersite calling. You can use g729 as the codec, which will give you upto 24kbps * 5 (5 calls).

Are you running Callmanager or Callmanager express ? Cheapest solution would be to run two independent callmanager express systems on each router. If running CME, you will need,

a. CME feature license (preferably get the 2800 CME bundle which comes with DSPs and feature licenses)

b. IP Phone licenses for CCME

c. A inline powered switch or power bricks, power injector or power patch panel

d. You will need to setup some form of CAC (preferably a gatekeeper) to ensure that your calls between offices doesnt go beyond 3 or 4.

e. If you do a lot of interoffice calling, you should resort to routing calls via PSTN, if you dont have the budget to increase the bandwidth between the two sites.

IF using Callmanager, you can put the server in one site and the other site may run SRST or CME. IN this case you will need,

a. Callmanager server and software

b. Phones licenses for Callmanager

c. SRST bundle (2800) for remote site

d. Voice gateway bundle (2800) for main site

e. inline powered switch.

For voicemail I think the best solution in this case will be to use CUE.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies