Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Polycom and IP/TV Content Manager

We are testing a Polycom FX unit which provides a multicast stream. We would like to view this stream using a IP/TV viewer and a Content Manager. It's possible but we meet one problem.

On our networks we have different VLAN. One of our viewstation in on VLAN5 and the other is on the VLAN6. We have installed IP/TV Content Manager on the VLAN6. Our problem is that the Content Manager is abble to go and get informations about multicast programs from the viewstation on the VLAN6 but not from the viewstation on the VLAN5. The multicast has been implemented correctly on the different routers but the Content Manager isn't abble to go and get the stream announcement. We need help ? Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Polycom and IP/TV Content Manager

I don't think this is a multicast routing issue. IPTV content managers and Polycom FXs would exchange control information via unicast. So it would appear you have a basic connectivity problem or configuration problem. As your CM works with one of the 2 Polycoms, I don't think you have a h/w or s/w issue either.

Re: Polycom and IP/TV Content Manager

Have you tried the smallcast method? I think it will work.

Views
Helpful
Replies