cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom video over public Internet

benadams
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, Ive got a problem. I have a full T1 Internet circuit at one location, and another full T1 Internet circuit at another location. A 2620 router is terminating each circuit. The only device sitting behind these routers is a Polycom Viewstation FX at one location, and a Polycom Viewstation SP128 at the other.

Here's the problem: The video is terrible. I have checked the serial interface(a WIC-1DSU-T1) and it shows CRC & input errors. I cleared the counters and did massive ping tests to make sure the "cloud" wasnt the problem. After an hour of different size pings, I came up with no errors, CRCs...anything. SO I clear the counters again, turn the video on, and immediately the CRCs and input errors start happening. This tells me its probably on the LAN side. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

2 Replies 2

b.harrison
Level 1
Level 1

Check to see what speed and duplex your data ports are set at I believe the Polycom cameras have to be half duplex.

5cgray
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you have a layer 2 problem since crc's are usually associated with line coding. What you are trying to do should work fine providing the Qos is engineered correctly.

Check out www.inpurple.com - They seem to know how to do it.