cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor Message Quality

akerr1527
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer has a Unity running 2.4.6.135 and and they are using Call Manager 3.1. They have an occasional subscriber who complains of poor quality messages. They say it sounds like the the caller is "under water" when the message is recorded. It is not the same subscriber every time. It doesn't matter if it is an internal call or a call from the outside. Any ideas??????<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

I've had this issue as well. I have Unity 2.4.6.135 and CCM 3.1(2C) and I've had more than one user complain about quality of messages being played back and quality of the actual Unity system prompts.

Are there any traces that can be set on either the Unity or CCM server?

Thanks,
Brad

Not applicable

My first question would be is there any codec conversion going on the Unity server?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

No codec conversion. Using G.711.

vcornett
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem running 2.4.6.102 and CM 3.0(10). Occasionally, a user will get a voice mail (usually from an outside caller but also can be from an internal IP phone user)with poor quality such as you have described. I have opened several cases with TAC and have never been able to successfully get this resolved. We have tried nearly everything, adding memory, defragmenting the disk, changing the record format from 8kHz mono to 11kHz mono and we still have this problem. Were you able to get it resolved?

Thanks,

Vince