cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port not resetting

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Running Unity 2.46, W2k-sp1, X5.5 sp4. Dialogic 120jc voice cards. I have a port on the Unity side that is locked-up. We have reset the trunk on the pbx side and it's not clearing. Using status monitor, I have tried resetting the port but, it will not. Any ideas other than shutting down Unity?<br><br>schois

11 Replies 11

Not applicable

How was it determined that the port is locked? What did the status monitor show? What does a caller hear if that port is called?

I guess I am a little more concerned as to why the port is locked in the first place. Depending upon how it got locked might determine how we are going to unlock it. Are there any MIU related errors in the applicaction event log? There are two status monitors: one is the HTML version and one is an exe in \Commserver\TechTools. Which did you try?

Not applicable

I have another port locked-up, the original got reset by rebooting the server, It took .5 hr to shut down unity.
I know the port is locked up because it's status is busy for the last 22 hrs. Details on this one, Failsafe:System Greetings. Tried using the StatusMonitor.exe and get a Dr.Watson. Tried reseting port via HTML but, no response(several minutes). Event logs show the following entry corresponding to when the lock-up should have occurred:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: AvMiu_MC
Event Category: Error
Event ID: 530
Date: 6/5/2001
Time: 10:36:29 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Component Miu: Thread 0x00000958 had a Failure on Port 1 in AvWav

DESCRIPTION:
File: Wavout.c(2742)
Method: WavOutGetPtr
Failure: lpWavOut is invalid.

This is the second time within a month it's locked-up. The previous one locked on a subscriber's opening greeting.

schois

Not applicable

I found this post and had the same issue, went to a customer site and they had a port that had been busy for over 7246 hours. I found it in Status Monitor the HTML one and then checked in Status Monitor the executable one it showed busy as well, trying to reset the port in both Status Monitors I was forced to stop the Status Monitor in Task Monitor because it was not responding. I can't really say what might have been going on previous to the port showing busy for 7246 hrs. Finaly got the port to release by shuting down the system. Customer is asking me why, any thoughts?

Anthony Duval
Systems Engineer
Special Order Systems
aduval@team-sos.com

Not applicable

I am still working with Tech Support. Initiated tracing but, problem has not recurred. Both times I have had to reboot the server. GUI Unity shutdown not responding. Kill av* took too long, over 10 min. Kill pid was immediate. I am curious what configuration you have. We use serial integration to an Intecom e4 switch. Do you remember what the Status Monitor showed Unity doing? In my case, the first instance it locked playing a subscriber greeting. The 2nd time, it went to a failsafe msg. and within a day or two another port just quit answering. Check the application eventlog for the errors that may have shown at that time frame(reboot time minus hours locked) to see what may be going on. So far in my case, looks like they are all unrelated errors.

schois

Not applicable

I have the same problem on 2 sites, Port 1 is locked up, Calls from the CCM divert to the 2nd port after the no answer timer and not because it found port 1 busy. I have read the previous threads on this and mine is the same. Are there any answers for this one. They are voice only 2.46's on NT4.

Not applicable

No. No real answers. The ports have not locked up since. I stopped the tracing. I have ran dbwalker to clean orphaned handles and find errors several times since. Maybe that cleared it. But, during the clean up I didn't find call handles that were associated with the lock-ups.

schois

Not applicable

Reading these posts, I have also run into this same problem. I am running Unity 2.4.6(135) on NT4 with TSP 3.0.2 and CM 3.1. Port 1 from Status Monitor showed that it was answering a call yet calls being placed into vm were not being forwarded to the next available port (FWBUSY). When attempting to reset the port via Status Monitor (exe or HTML) both programs would continue to run and appear to hang. If I let the two programs run for about 10 minutes, control would come back and the port would not have cleared. Reboot of Unity did not clear the problem. My solution was to remove the port on CM and set up the second vmport with the main vm number. Any word on a solution from TAC?

Turn off or disable Cisco Messaging Interface. It conflicts somehow with the Unity Pilot Point number. This is what TAC told us.

Marmk

Mark Anderson
SAIC
703 676-1019

Not applicable

I am having the same problem with 2.46(135), TSP 3.04. CCM 3.12c.
Did the removal of the Cisco Messaging Interface fix the problem ?

Jim, I am working with TAC to resolve a very similar problem currently. I would like to talk to you about your symptoms and see what you are experiencing.
My customer is running 3.1.1, Unity 2.46.135, TSP is 3.0.2. If I look in Port Status, I can see that port 1 does not get used, it stays idle. Sometimes I get immediate hang-up. Sometimes I get 6 rings before answer. Most of the time Unity answers when it is supposed to. I have also gotten a reorder tone.

Not applicable

I checked with another engineer here and this really looks like a case that should be opened up with TAC. More information will be needed and that can be obtained by setting some traces up. The error in the event log is not enough to determine what went wrong. We'd be interested in the call sequence that led up to this event (and that probably still won't be enough info). The function that is failing is called from many different places in the code.

Port lockups can be caused by many different things. You are certainly on the right track by obtaining the error message that you did, but I recommend having TAC track this one.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: