cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port security and Voip on 3524

polaris
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure a 3524 pwr xl for port security and have a seperate vlan for data and voice on each port. I do not want the data in the management vlan, as I saw in one example configuration. From what I have read, we are supposed to keep data traffic out of the management vlan.

2 Replies 2

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I guess it depends on how you are connecting the devices.

If you enable port security on a voice VLAN port and if there is a PC connected to the IP phone, you should set the maximum allowed secure addresses on the port to more than 1.

Step 1

configure terminal - Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface interface - Enter interface configuration mode for the port you want to secure.

Step 3

port security max-mac-count 2 - Secure the port and set the address table to two addresses.

Step 4

port security action shutdown - Set the port to shutdown when a security violation occurs.

Step 5

end - Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 6

show port security - Verify the entry.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Yes, the above configuration would work on a different type switch (4006). The only way I have been able to configure the 3524 for VoIP is by making each port a trunk. And, as we all know, port security is not allowed on trunks.

The question is, can this be done on a 3524.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: