Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Port security and Voip on 3524

Is it possible to configure a 3524 pwr xl for port security and have a seperate vlan for data and voice on each port. I do not want the data in the management vlan, as I saw in one example configuration. From what I have read, we are supposed to keep data traffic out of the management vlan.

2 REPLIES

Re: Port security and Voip on 3524

I guess it depends on how you are connecting the devices.

If you enable port security on a voice VLAN port and if there is a PC connected to the IP phone, you should set the maximum allowed secure addresses on the port to more than 1.

Step 1

configure terminal - Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface interface - Enter interface configuration mode for the port you want to secure.

Step 3

port security max-mac-count 2 - Secure the port and set the address table to two addresses.

Step 4

port security action shutdown - Set the port to shutdown when a security violation occurs.

Step 5

end - Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 6

show port security - Verify the entry.

Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Re: Port security and Voip on 3524

Yes, the above configuration would work on a different type switch (4006). The only way I have been able to configure the 3524 for VoIP is by making each port a trunk. And, as we all know, port security is not allowed on trunks.

The question is, can this be done on a 3524.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content