cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port1720

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how i can change the port for voice over IP. If my packets are getting blocked by my ISP thru that port..i need another port to do the work. Instead of port 1720...say if i want to use port 1000(for example). I use this to communicate between my offices.

Regards,

Ramesh

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Change ISP’s, or call them and tell them you are going to. They should not be restricting any traffic. Maybe rate limiting, but not restricting. In any case, you can’t change the port. Does anyone know if proxy servers could support voice? If so, it would have to be located out on the Internet on the other side of your ISP.

In India VoIP is illegal.So ISPs are blocking that port.Changing the port is possible with software solution. But i need to know whether its possible with a Cisco Solution!!

Ramesh

That’s interesting. You should check with Cisco to see if they have a workaround for you. One that comes to mind might be building an encrypted tunnel using IPSEC and carrying your voice traffic over that. I wouldn’t want to encourage you to skirt the law though.