Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Possible Database Issues ???

Hopefully I can explain this problem. I have an extention forwarded to voice mail, when Voice mail answers I want it to transfer to another extention. So first I set up a Call handler and in the extention field I put the extention of the forwared phone in, then in the call transfer Page I set up to transfer to the other extention. However I kept getting the "System is Temperarily unavaiable Message". So I searched the this forum and found a bunch of post on the matter, however I followed most of the suggestions but to no avail. So I then added a Subcriber Mailbox doing the same thing, and I get the same message. However if I call the Voice Mail Pilot number and dial the extention that is forwarded it will work fine (it transfers to the other extention).

I am also getting these errors.

GetCallHandlerProperties returned [0x8004010f] on line 433 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 1

I notice on another post to run configmgr and set up the default data base which I did, but again it did not help

Any Ideas

Thanks

Ken

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Possible Database Issues ???

You explained it quite well!

Sounds like the callhandler might be a little messed up. However, if the callhandler wasn't messed up, I think this still wouldn't do what you want it to do (at least with the way it sounds like this is set up).

When a fowarded call comes into Unity, it's going to act on the forwarding call rule. That rule is going to be "send to greeting" for a matching DTMF ID of a call handler or subscriber. So, you'd actually hit the greeting of the call hander as opposed to getting transferred back out.

You can pretty close to what you want by making the greeting in that call handler a blank greeting, and making the "after greeting" action to be "send caller to" a call handler (and choose the same call handler that you're already in) and make sure the "conversation" is set to "attempt transfer". It sounds like the call handler already has the correct transfer rules set up (since it transfers to where you like it to when it's DTMF ID is simply dialed inside Unity).

Now, for that call handler, you can try changing the "owner" field on the SA to some valid subscriber. It doesn't matter who it is, just as long as they are a valid subscriber. This setting isn't really used quite yet, but it's still required. Give that a try. If that does not work, you can try running DBWalker.exe.

Thanks for your quick reply, I setup a subscriber made a blank greeting then setup to after the greeting to attempt transfer to the call handler I set up, it had a valid owner (example Administrator) but I changed it to another user. And I am still getting the same issue. So I ran DBWalker.exe and these are the errors I recieved on it.

Handler Text Name=New York Operator

Location Object Alias=default

Handler owner alias=(error) Invalid Handler Owner <---OWNER is Example ADministrator

Handler message recipient alias=(error) Invalid Handler Recipient

Handler location object alias=default

*** Starting subscriber template walk ***

Alias=defaulttemplate

Display Name={Default Subscriber} Template

(error) subscriber template does not have a valid primary call handler reference

Alias=defaultadmintemplate

Display Name={Default Administrator} Template

(error) subscriber template does not have a valid primary call handler reference

Alias=Default Tandberg Users

Display Name=Default Tandberg Users

Alias=Default New York Users

Display Name=Default New York Users

*** finished handler walk

Database walk complete at:11/27/2002 1:09:55 PM

After Message Action Destination Alias =goodbyech

thanks

Ken

Cisco Employee

Can you try changing to call handler's (if New York Operator is the call handler that handles the fowarding call to transfer back out) owner and message recipient to something other than EAdmin? Maybe Eadmin isn't as kosher as we think.

I did change the owner and message recipient to another user, but that did not help at all. Any other sugestions?

thanks

Cisco Employee

That's pretty suprising... no, I have no clue what's going on then. I'd need to dial into your system and take a look around to offer any more here. dbWalker is making a very, very simple check there and if it's failing it would have to mean the link is bad. It's simply searching for the ObjectID of the subscriber marked in the recipient and administrator fields on the primary call handler and seeing if that user exists in the subscriber collection. That's it. There's not very many reasons that would be failing.

The only thing I can think of is you could have two handlers named something similar and you're editing a different on than dbWalker is complaining about - I've seen that before. Beyond that I'd have to look around to see what's going on. If you have WTS access you can ping me at lindborg@cisco.com and I can take a peek.

Jeff,

Thanks for the offer to look around a bit, but I have opened a TAC case and I had the firewall administrator to allow only 1 external IP address(the TAC engineers) to the unity server(what a hassle that was). However I really think something is messed up in unity. The TAC engineer had me set up a Dialing rule to fix my original issue and that seems to be working, but there are more underlying serious issues that are still happening, such as I cannot add a Mailbox, However I was able to just a few days ago. Also all of my templates have issues with them, for example on the greeting page on any of my subsciber templates ,in the drop down list to choose which greeting (Standard, internal, closed,ect) there is nothing in there. The same thing happened when I added a call handler there was nothing in the greeting field. However when I based the call handler off an exsisting Call hander that is working, the new call handler worked fine. So anyways the TAC Engineer is supose to be getting into the Unity to try and see why that is happening.

By the way Jeff, great documents on Answermonkey, and I look forward to getting your book when it comes out.

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.