Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Possible infinite loop detected in [PHGreeting]_ Object

App: E 'Wed Mar 03 14:55:54 2004': AvConvMsg_MC - " Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation PHGreeting on Port 11. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : C:_CommServer_logs_NPDump_20040303_145554.txt "

App: E 'Wed Mar 03 14:55:54 2004': AvConvMsg_MC - " [Thread 0x00000C40] AvCDEConvBase::Run() Possible infinite loop detected in [PHGreeting]_ Object = 03:00000529 "

What does the above application event errors mean? Why did the PHGreeting give a failsafe message?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Possible infinite loop detected in [PHGreeting]_ Object

What that means is you have a call handler that's configured to loop back to itself and, if a call drop is not detected when the user hangs up (not likely but possible) it could "burn" the port and leave the call looping forever. The conversation detects if a specific call handler has been loaded more than 10 times I believe in a certain period of time without anything else having happened (i.e. the call handler "looped" 10 times - could be 20, I'd have to check) it will terminate the call with the above error message.

dbWalker should detect any loop conditions and print out a warning - it's not an error since technically it's legal to have a looping condition in some rare cases but in general its a bad idea. I'd go fetch the latest dbWalker off www.CiscoUnityTools.com and run down which handler kicked out that error message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content