Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to factory reset 7936 not through the menu

Got an issue with a 7936 where it's continually rebooting with the message 'Cannot contact TFTP Server'. It seems to be having issues getting on the network, but I've gone through everything to make sure it can get on the network successfully.

From the cannot contact tftp message, I can see it thinks it has an IP Address already assigned from previous. I want to try and factory reset the unit to try and clear this address, but it appears the only reset option is through the menu.

Is there any method of a reset like the 7940's, where holding a button down as you power the unit up clears the config?

TIA

7 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Possible to factory reset 7936 not through the menu

Power the ip phone off and on. During the reboot, press and hold the hash key (#) during the entire reboot. The phone will display "Reset key sequence detected". Enter 123456789*0#, followed by 2 to erase the entire config.

That appears to only work for the standard 7940 / 7960 phones. This doesn't work on the 7935 and 7936 phones. Thanks for the reply though.

I was having the exact

I was having the exact problem.   To solve I had to manually add the phone (mac address) into CUCM then it worked.

Nathan,

I have the same problem. Have you found a fix for this yet?

I know the 794x/796x # reset doesn't work for this either.

Cheers,

Dave

I have the same issue here, anyone has figured out the solution yet? thanks

Sorry Guys, I had the TAC investigate this one. They advised me that the phone needs replacement. I'm thinking that the firmware upgrade got screwed up along the way. It would seem there is no way out of this one.

:<

Dave

Same here. Had to get it replaced on RMA. Doesn't seem to be a way to reset things without access to the menu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content