cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pots lines back to back?

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Can you do a pots line and have it loop back into another pots line (on the same router or a different one)? For example, 1. WAN voip call leg to pots call leg to 2. using a digital VIC into another digital VIC to 3. voip call leg.

The thing I want to do is take a vofr call and translate it into a voip call. The routers seem to not have that direct capability, but this seems a roundabout way to get the job done.

3 Replies 3

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, that is something that you can do, only thing is if they are analog ports you have to make sure that they are connected fxo - fxs or e&m to e&m. Also if they are digital you can do either T1- pri or t1 cas and have the call pass through that way, but in answer to your question, yes that is something you can do.

If I go digital pri or cas, can I use the same router? How would I negotiate/configure the clocking for the T1s.

epylko
Level 1
Level 1

When we were looking at doing this with our 3810s (before they were EOL'd), this was not possible. Check out this page and look at the restrictions: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1833/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800ca70b.html

This was for IOS 12.1E - Cisco might have added that feature by now.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: